As a landlord, it is up to you to keep your tenants safe and secure. We’ve come up with some easy-to-do things that will improve your rental property security.
Tips to Improve Your Rental Property Security
- Keep bushes and shrubs trimmed. Large bushes and shrubs near the rental property let burglars work in secret.
- Tear down privacy fences. Privacy fences give burglars just enough coverage to take their time getting into your rental property. Eliminating the privacy fences reduces the threat.
- Illuminate the outdoors. If the exterior of your property is dark, consider installing motion sensor flood lights to help keep your property lit. Burglars are more likely to move onto the next, darker property.
- Install a security alarm. A security alarm is a top-notch investment for your rental property and may even reduce your insurance rates. Security alarms will also help keep your property safe when no one is there to keep a watchful eye.
- Windows and door locks. Make sure all windows and door locks are working properly and consider installing window and door alarm sensors. When alarms are set, these sensors are triggered anytime a door or window is opened.
- Think like a burglar. Do a sweep of your property and try to think as a burglar would. Do you see any easy targets or areas of concern? Be certain to tackle those areas.
For more information or to find out how we can help keep you and your family safe, call Sentry Communications & Security today at 866-573-6879.